Here’s a bunch of stuff about me.
1. I’m anxious about touching metal in the wintertime for fear of shocking myself. I close car doors by touching only the glass.
2. My first computer was an Apple //e with one floppy; I eventually added a 10 meg hard drive an 300 baud modem.
3. I lived in a house with no central A/C. This is an odd notion for most Floridians, I know.
4. I’m an expert in installing those wireframe closet organization systems now.
5. I used to have two cars: one for Tampa and one for New Jersey.
6. I’ve been on quite the pad thai kick lately.
7. I’m a sucker for salmon. Love it.
8. Here is my about.me page.
9. I have several characters in World of Warcraft that I miss sometimes.
10. My finance degree hasn’t helped me much in my career, but I appreciate the way it taught me to think.
11. I have a very dry sense of humor.
12. High school was a decent experience; I didn’t experience much teenage angst.
13. I couldn’t act if my life depended on it. I’d rather sing in front of 2000 people than deliver one line acting.
14. I had close to 400,000 frequent flier miles at one point. I used 1/2 of them to fly me and my wife to Europe in business class for vacation.
15. I’m a classic left-brain person.
16. I lived on a cruise ship for eight months.
17. I’ve never watched the Rocky Horror Picture Show all the way through.
18. It’s time to banish all pennies… round transactions to the nearest 5¢!
19. I have lots of wireless devices in my house: two thermostats, MacBook Air, iMac, Dell desktop, Dell laptop, Brother print/fax/scan, XBOX 360, Wii, TiVo HD, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPad 3, and iPhone 4 (for music).
20. Cooking entertains me. As someone that pushes bits for a living, it gives me a chance to create something tangible for a change.
21. Despite growing up in Florida, I’ve never set foot in Alabama or Louisiana, two of our nearby neighbors.
22. When I was in Grade 6 I was cast as an extra in Disney’s The Parent Trap 2 and made $70. Yes, you can clearly see me in the movie.
23. The foreign language I’d most like to learn is French. Italian is a close second.
24. New Zealand looks like an interesting place to visit.
25. When I was a teenager I spent the night on a submarine tender.
26. Shaving two days in a row is… problematic. My skin stages a revolt.
27. I’m @bluthquotes, an Arrested Development fan twitter account with 146,000+ followers as of this writing.
28. The quality of my handwriting is degrading as I get older.
29. I ran a BBS for about five years, and was the FidoNet admin for Tampa for awhile.
30. There’s nothing like commuting to make you loath your fellow man.
31. Ikea is one of the few shopping experiences I can tolerate. It might be because they serve salmon there (see #7).
32. The amount of trivial knowledge in my brain outweights the useful info by about 4:1.
33. I’m a licensed real estate agent in the state of Florida and a REALTOR™.
34. My C-1 (atlas) does not want to stay in place. We’re working on it.
35. As far as I know, I have no allergies.
36. 5 or 6 hours is my upper limit for a car trip. Anything longer than that, I try to fly.
37. I am not on any prescribed medication. I’m not on any nonprescribed medication, for that matter.
38. Mosquitos love me. My ankles are especially attractive.
39. Joe Kosinski introduced me to the Internet way back in late 1993. I was the 45th person at UCF to get an Internet account.
40. Blue is my favorite color.
41. My public key is available at this link should you need to send me something without the gub’ment getting all up in our business.
42. I have never raged against the machine.
43. While I agree in spirit with the idea of a “body shot”, I don’t like doing shots.
44. Many Europeans I’ve met don’t think I’m American. Several foreigners living here in the States have told me I don’t have an American accent.
45. I’ve flown and landed a plane before.
46. I worked in the tunnel under the Magic Kingdom in Orlando for a summer.
47. I’m a microlender. I currently have more than 500 loans to people.
48. I take a lot of pleasure in a nice dinner with interesting people.
49. In Spain in 2007, I ate my first mussel ever. In 2006 I ate my first oyster ever.
50. Mass transit will never work in Florida.
51. I’d like a cabin in the mountains. With high speed Internet, of course.
52. I’m not challenged enough at work. I rarely learn new things.
53. I miss cruise ship life sometimes. Not the job… but the life.
54. I’m a decent instant messenger conversationalist.
55. Last time I was tested, I typed 94 words per minute.
56. Many, many people don’t understand that, in order to merge, your speed should match the speed of the traffic you’re trying to merge into.
57. I started a newspaper at UCF while I was there.
58. I rarely get angry, and I never get angry enough to raise my voice; I seem to get more done by not yelling.
59. The only thing the SAT measures is how well you take the SAT.
60. I’d like to plan a ski trip with the fellas again. I’m a decent snow skier.
61. I’m never very far from a Diet Mountain Dew or a Diet Coke.
62. I can bend both thumbs back 90 degrees (“hitchhiker’s thumb”)
63. Extreme Engineering shows on Discovery Channel get me excited.
64. It’s not where you are, but who you’re with.
65. I explored a Moroccan medina by myself in 2007.
66. I’d love to take a photography course.
67. I have two children that I cherish more than anything in the world.
68. The first concert I ever saw sans parents was UB40; the best was Pink Floyd.
69. I was part of the stage crew for Super Bowl 25.
70. I’ve never been in a boy band.
71. When the Challenger exploded in 1986, I could see the clouds from my house.
72. I’ve been in the firing room of a nuclear missile submarine.
73. I bought Apple stock at around $40 a share and sold at around $65
74. I hung out with Jay Leno one night. He offered me a sandwich and a Coke.
75. I used to own the domain rabidmonkey.com but sold it for approx. $400.
76. Wii Sports Tennis is currently my favorite video game.
77. I’m not a hardware person; software is more my style.
78. For a Floridian, I’m not all that crazy about the heat.
79. For the past few years now I’ve considered going back to school for an MBA. It’s becoming increasingly unlikely that will happen.
80. In Europe I’ve been to England, Italy, France, Holland, Norway, Finland, Sweden, Russia, Portugal, Germany, Denmark, Spain, Gibraltar, and Belgium. I’ve been to Morocco in Africa.
81. I’ve had buffalo chicken wings from the Anchor Bar in Buffalo, NY, and a philly steak sandwich from Pat’s King of Steaks in Philadelphia.
82. Heathrow Airport is the most farked up airport I’ve ever been to. Newark is now the best large airport I’ve been to (it used to be the worst, before the monorail system).
83. I started college as a film major, but changed to finance after two years.
84. I have very little patience for people who interrupt me while I’m talking.
85. We are cordcutters. We get all our TV programming from over-the-air, Netflix, or “other”.
86. Only 350 more mortgage payments until this house is ours!!!
87. I’ve used the same travel duffel bag for at least 8 years now. Poor thing has been beaten up and abused more than any bag should be.
88. I believe $20 is too much to pay for one medium pizza, thank you very much Papa Johns.
89. I abhor talk shows like Springer or Maury, etc.
90. I have an intense dislike of most local news shows.
91. I’m not crazy about my style of writing, but don’t know how to change it.
92. I can spot spelling mistakes from a mile away.
93. I was an Apple person in the 80′s, a PC person in the 90′s and 00′s, and now am an Apple person again.
94. I’ve started four companies in my life, all of them in Florida.
95. So far Celebration is a great place to raise a family.
96. I’ve been told I’m an excellent public speaker.
97. I have blue eyes.
98. Not much stresses me out.
99. Raw American cheese makes me nauseous, but I love grilled cheese sandwiches.
100. I’m an early adopter of technology.
(Original list from 2007. Updated in October 2012.)